Shut off the stresses of the outside world, relax in a beautiful setting, and enjoy yourself at dance camp. Beantown has always been designed as a Lindy Hop vacation, and right now, we need a vacation! Beantown provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in classes, history, social dancing, fun activities, and all the joy this dance brings us. Although there are several options for attending, doing the week or whole shebang provides the full unique Beantown experience. Every day brings something different, and you won’t want to miss any of them!
Most campers stay on campus, which is not only a great value, it enhances the complete experience, and is the perfect way to relax and concentrate on having an amazing week. There are a variety of housing options to choose from for singles, doubles and groups. Once you’ve arrived, there is no need for a car, as all the facilities are within walking distance. Also no need to put time or thought into making food plans. Just show up at the dining hall at meal time to choose among the many options, with special dietary needs accommodated. The food is excellent, and the dining staff are friendly, helpful, and prepared for hungry campers.
Days are filled with classes, presentations, other specialties, practice time, and even time off for some R&R. Evenings include plenty of social dancing as well as a variety of other fun activities and entertainment. The campus itself has a lot to offer with three private beaches, fitness center, outdoor volleyball, and other amenities.
This is a transition year, as we’re easing our way back into dancing, and having a social life! We’ve had that in mind while planning for camp. The usual track format has some changes, which are highlighted on the classes page. Competitions have a new approach this year, with two contests you can sign up for at camp with no entry fee. There are also some schedule changes focused on providing more time for hanging out and having fun!
As Covid continues to be a part of our lives, we’ll be monitoring conditions and consulting with medical experts as it gets closer to camp time. Everyone will be required to be up to date with vaccines, as that provides the safest environment for getting together. Other requirements, such as for masks and testing, are to be determined.
Here are just some of the reasons why you want to attend Beantown Camp 2022:
- It’s Beantown Camp # 24! Finally, after missing two years.
- Immerse yourself in a week of classes with an amazing collection of wonderful Lindy Hop instructors!
- Dance to some of the hottest musicians on the scene today with 4 nights of live music!
- Special performances!
- Dance with awesome Lindy Hoppers from all over the U.S. and beyond!
- In person opportunity to meet and hear from special guests Sugar Sullivan and Barbara Billups!
- Saturday Camp Social in a gorgeous shoreline setting!
- Participate in two fun contests, Partner Soul and a new Team Challenge!
- Good times at Beantown Karaoke!
- Camp BBQ in the beautiful oceanfront Misselwood Tent complete with lawn games!
- Bond with classmates while performing together in one of the class routines!
- Entertainment galore at Beantown’s Got Talent!
- Find your Soul at a late night dance party!
- A positive, friendly, safe and supportive atmosphere on campus!
- Three fabulous meals per day with many options to choose from!
- Roll out of your bed and down to the beach for some relaxation time!
- Many opportunities to hang out with your new and old friends!
- Finish your week ﬁlled with joy, exhilaration and lots of Lindy Love!
Beantown has evolved in many ways since the first one in June of 1997! It will continue to evolve moving forward. There’s been a big bump in the road, however, we’re on our way back.