Shut off the stresses of the outside world, relax in a beautiful setting, and enjoy yourself at dance camp. Beantown has always been designed as a Lindy Hop vacation, and now would be an excellent time for a vacation! Beantown provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in classes, history, social dancing, fun activities, and all the joy this dance brings us. Although there are several options for attending, doing the week or whole shebang provides the full unique Beantown experience. Every day brings something different, and you won’t want to miss any of them!
Most campers stay on campus, which is not only a great value, it enhances the complete experience, and is the perfect way to relax and concentrate on having an amazing week. There are a variety of housing options to choose from for singles, doubles and groups. Once you’ve arrived, there is no need for a car, as all the facilities are within walking distance. Also no need to put time or thought into making food plans. Just show up at the dining hall at meal time to choose among the many options, with special dietary needs accommodated. The food is excellent, and the dining staff are friendly, helpful, and prepared for hungry campers.
Days are filled with classes, presentations, other specialties, practice time, and even time off for some R&R. Evenings include plenty of social dancing as well as a variety of other fun activities and entertainment. The campus itself has a lot to offer with three private beaches, fitness center, outdoor volleyball, and other amenities.
Each year we take what we learned from past experience, plus feedback that received, to make some new modifications for the next camp. As always, our aim is to provide a joyful, stress free, amazing week of dancing, fantastic classes, social activities, camaraderie and fun. An interactive and engaging Lindy Hop vacation!
Here are just some of the reasons why you want to attend Beantown Camp 2024:
- It’s Beantown Camp number 26!
- Immerse yourself in a week of classes with an amazing collection of wonderful Lindy Hop instructors!
- A full schedule with a large variety of activities to participate in!
- Beautiful campus in a gorgeous shoreline setting!
- Dance to some of the hottest musicians on the scene today with 5 nights of live music!
- Dance with wonderful Lindy Hoppers from all over the U.S. and beyond!
- In person opportunity to meet and hear from special guests Sugar Sullivan and Barbara Billups!
- Two competitions to choose from, Solo Jazz and a Mix & Match with a new format!
- Two fun contests open to everyone, Partner Soul and a Team Challenge!
- Camp BBQ in the beautiful oceanfront Misselwood Tent, complete with lawn games!
- Bond with classmates while performing together in one of the class routines!
- Entertainment galore at the Beantown Revue!
- Find your Soul at a late night dance party!
- Midnight s’mores at the fire pit!
- Good times at Beantown Karaoke!
- A positive, friendly, safe and supportive atmosphere on campus!
- An excellent dining hall serving three fabulous meals per day with many options to choose from!
- Roll out of your bed and down to the beach for some relaxation time!
- Many opportunities to hang out with your new and old friends!
- Finish your week ﬁlled with joy, exhilaration and lots of Lindy Love!
Beantown has been through many changes since the first one back in June of 1997. It continues to evolve moving forward. We’re thrilled to be back in 2024 for our 26th!