Shut off the stresses of the outside world, relax in a beautiful setting, and enjoy yourself at dance camp. Beantown has always been designed as a Lindy Hop vacation, and now would be an excellent time for a vacation! Beantown provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in classes, history, social dancing, fun activities, and all the joy this dance brings us. Although there are several options for attending, doing the week or whole shebang provides the full unique Beantown experience. Every day brings something different, and you won’t want to miss any of them!
Most campers stay on campus, which is not only a great value, it enhances the complete experience, and is the perfect way to relax and concentrate on having an amazing week. There are a variety of housing options to choose from for singles, doubles and groups. Once you’ve arrived, there is no need for a car, as all the facilities are within walking distance. Also no need to put time or thought into making food plans. Just show up at the dining hall at meal time to choose among the many options, with special dietary needs accommodated. The food is excellent, and the dining staff are friendly, helpful, and prepared for hungry campers.
Days are filled with classes, presentations, other specialties, practice time, and even time off for some R&R. Evenings include plenty of social dancing as well as a variety of other fun activities and entertainment. The campus itself has a lot to offer with three private beaches, fitness center, outdoor volleyball, and other amenities.
Last year was our transition back and we made some changes to the schedule and format to ease that process. This year we are taking what we learned from that experience, plus feedback that was received, and are making new modifications for 2023. As always, our aim is to provide a joyful, stress free, amazing week of dancing, fantastic classes, social activities, camaraderie and fun. An interactive and engaging Lindy Hop vacation!
As Covid continues to be a part of our lives, we’ll be monitoring conditions and consulting with medical experts as it gets closer to camp time. Everyone will be required to be up to date with vaccines, as that provides the safest environment for getting together. Other requirements, such as for masks and testing, are to be determined.
Here are just some of the reasons why you want to attend Beantown Camp 2023:
- It’s Beantown Camp 25! Some extra time to get there, but it’s happening!
- Immerse yourself in a week of classes with an amazing collection of wonderful Lindy Hop instructors!
- Dance to some of the hottest musicians on the scene today with 5 nights of live music!
- Special performances!
- Dance with awesome Lindy Hoppers from all over the U.S. and beyond!
- In person opportunity to meet and hear from special guests Sugar Sullivan and Barbara Billups!
- Saturday Camp Social in a gorgeous shoreline setting!
- Two competitions to choose from, Solo Jazz and an open Mix & Match!
- Two fun contests open to everyone, Partner Soul and a new Team Challenge!
- Good times at Beantown Karaoke!
- Camp BBQ in the beautiful oceanfront Misselwood Tent complete with lawn games!
- Bond with classmates while performing together in one of the class routines!
- Entertainment galore at the Beantown Revue!
- Find your Soul at a late night dance party!
- Fireworks, with a beautiful shoreline view on the 4th of July!
- A positive, friendly, safe and supportive atmosphere on campus!
- Three fabulous meals per day with many options to choose from!
- Roll out of your bed and down to the beach for some relaxation time!
- Many opportunities to hang out with your new and old friends!
- Finish your week ﬁlled with joy, exhilaration and lots of Lindy Love!
Beantown has been through many changes since the first one back in June of 1997. It continues to evolve moving forward. We’re thrilled to be back in 2023 for our 25th!