There’s always something new at camp! Each year we take a good look at what we’ve done, listen to your feedback and keep an eye on what’s going on in the greater Lindy scene. There are always improvements that can be made as well as changes and additions to keep things fresh and use the strengths of our amazing staff. Plus as many previous campers know, Endicott College is always up to something and we think everyone is going to be very happy with the changes. The beautiful setting and wonderful facilities add to the awesome time we have at Beantown each year!
What’s new for 2015:
- Two new mini-tracks have been added. Gaby Cook will be teaching choreography for performance with Gaby’s Chorusline Ladies. Nathan Bugh will be doing a routine for newer and experienced tappers with Nathan’s Awesome Tap Routine!
- All Lindy Hop tracks will have some classes designated with a particular topic, including musicality, dance technique, partner connection and movement as well as the usual track routines.
- New specialty classes are in the works and will be added to the schedule.
- Competition preliminaries have been moved to an earlier evening time slot to allow for more prime time social dancing.
- Auditions and track placements will be under the direction of Jenna Applegarth and new procedures are in the works to help improve the process as well as track balances.
- The Callahan Center renovations are complete and the main room has been transformed. It is much bigger, more open and looks very different. New AC has been installed as well. The lobby is gone and the main entrance is in the center of the front side of the building.
- The dining hall has also been completely transformed. It is bigger and configured differently than in the past. The serving area is now gone and food stations are located throughout the main part of the room. There is all new seating and the entire look is very modern. The entrance is now off the street side of the building on the 2nd floor and leads directly into the dining hall.
- A brand new space has been created called Gully’s, located in the center of the campus in the same building as the large auditorium. The entrance is across from the lake and the Amphitheater. About half the room holds the newly located pub and the other half is an open dance space. We’ll be using it for a class space as well as for some of the evening activities.
Although the basic schedule is up, many of the class descriptions, specialty classes and presentations are in the process of being added. Other refinements are likely to be made as plans are finalized. We are very excited with how it is all coming together!
Beantown runs from June 25 to July 2. Do the week to get the full experience! There is so much that you won’t want to miss. Most campers stay on campus, which is highly recommended and adds to the fun of coming to camp!
View the website for more information!
Join the Beantown Camp 2015 Facebook event.